When we reviewed the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active, we thought that it was one of the best smart watches that we’ve seen. While its size might not be as big as we’d like (one of our main peeves), it managed to win us over with its overall functionality and looks in the end.
Packing a whole list of features that belied its little size, the original Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is soon to be replaced by its successor; the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2.
Noticed anything new that was missing from the original?
Yep, the bezels now rotate!
It was a much missed feature (present on the regular Samsung Galaxy Watch but not on the Active) that’s wisely been reintroduced by Samsung for the newest version of their product.
Here are the rest of the watch’s capabilities, straight from Samsung.
– Purposeful Design, Customised to Consumer Lifestyles – The Galaxy Watch Active2 features a brand new upgrade and turns the signature rotating bezel digital to make it even more convenient to navigate on the curved Super AMOLED screen while maximizing the screen size. Users can also customise their watch face to their outfit with the My Style colour extraction algorithm on the Galaxy Wearable app. Simply take a photo of the outfit, choose from five different colour patterns, and the watch face changes in seconds to suit users’ favourite style.
– The Perfect Companion for Wellness Goals – The perfect guide to improved health and wellness, actionable insights are provided to help consumers make positive lifestyle choices in their diet, exercise, mental health, sleep and more. The Galaxy Watch Active2 can track over 40 workouts, with seven of them automatically activated – including running, walking, cycling and swimming. The smartwatch also incorporates innovative new health sensors on the back to take in readings faster, and features enhanced sleep analysis algorithms to help users work towards a healthy sleep pattern to feel recharged for a day of work and play.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Press Release
– Expand Your Connected Lifestyle – As part of the Galaxy ecosystem, users can enjoy Samsung services such as Samsung Health, SmartThings and Samsung Pay that are seamlessly integrated with the smartwatch and across other devices. Consumers can use Bixby to navigate their smartwatch, start a workout or even check the weather. In addition, when the Galaxy Watch Active2 is paired to users’ compatible Galaxy smartphone, the Watch Camera Controller on the smartwatch allows them to take photos and videos, preview footages and switch camera lenses, all from their wrist. Users can travel across the globe with greater confidence, as the Galaxy Watch Active2 now supports convenient real-time voice and text translation in 20 languages/
The new watch will be coming in a variety of sizes and colors (including a special Under Armour Edition).
Take a look at the table below for a handy breakdown of all the different options (and prices) the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 will be available in.
The Under Armour editions will even come with special extras not present with the regular editions of the watches;
– Always-on Running Coach – Using real-time data from the smartwatch or from Under Armour HOVR Connected shoes, users will see visual feedback and hear audio cues during workouts, which will help improve their stride, maintain their pace and continue on the path to conquering their fitness goals. Post-workout, users will receive in-depth form analysis and detailed coaching tips on their smartphone, offering an in-depth perspective on running techniques.
– MapMyRun Partnership – The Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition includes a six-months free MapMyRun Premium Membership, giving users access to training plans that push them to get more out of every workout. During workouts, the unique Under Armour watch display will feature key data such as heart rate, pace and form. When paired with the Galaxy Buds7, users can immerse themselves in their run with audio coaching cues at certain intervals throughout their workout giving them an extra push towards their goals. By connecting to their smartphones, users will be able to see more detailed workout reports with added insights following their run.
– All-around Performance Running Watch – Combined with the advanced, signature features of the Galaxy Watch Active2 and designed in a lightweight, sporty, aluminium body complemented with exclusively designed watch face and fluoroelastomer (FKM) straps, the Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition ensures a comfortable fit that will optimise performance for users.Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition features.
If you’re looking to nab the normal editions, they’ll be in stores from today but you’re going to have to wait until October 12 2019 before you can snag the Under Armour versions.
All of them will be available at local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics and IT stores, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore, Shopee Singapore and KrisShop so finding them won’t exactly be hard.